We are committed to making the DisCo an accessible space. As part of the room's renovation, we have added ADA and accessbility features, including:
- An adjustible height, mobile instructor's podium.
- A "pod" of tables with adjustable height legs for group study.
- A motorized adjustable height table in the stationary desktop area
- A Crestron Control Panel placed at a lower height for greater accessibility
- Mobile furniture that allows for a flexible floor plan
- Connectivity for personal devices, enabling those with devices that have assistive technology to connect to the projectors and HD TVs in the DisCo, using the Crestron Air Media app.
In addition, Reference Librarians are available to assist patrons with the technology and furniture in the space. For those who find it easier to use the HP tablets with a computer mouse or stylus, these items are available at the Reference Desk.
Have an idea for greater accessibility? Let us know!
We want this space to be comfortable and functional for the entire Stonehill Community. If you notice that users are facing challenges with the furniture and technology in the DisCo, or if you have an idea or suggestion to improve the accessibilty of our space, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.