Discussion Boards are top-level pages that are added to your guide. Whether your want to post discussion topics or let your patrons do the talking is completely up to you. Here's how to add the feature (from SpringShare documentation):
Promote interactivity with your students by:
- Posting discussion questions for assessment purposes
- Encouraging patrons to post questions or comments
- Collaborating with others on library assignments or gathering community feedback
- Navigate to your Guide > Guide Settings > Discussion Board
- Select Enable Discussion Board for this Guide > This will add another tab to your guide titled 'Discussion Board'.
- Want to moderate posts? Select 'Discussion board posts from the public must be approved before they will be visible'.
- Want to change the page name? Just type in a different value in the field!
- If you want to create a discussion topic for patrons's to respond to > Start a New Discussion
- Patrons will select discussion topic title to respond
- Don't want to create a discussion topic? Leave as is and let the interaction begin!