Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Examples of CID programs
During the 2016-2017 academic year, CID partners have hosted a number of both individual and joint programs and projects. A selection of this work includes:
- Digital Lab Working Groups: the Social Media Working Group, Digital Humanities Working Group, and Digital Pedagogy Working Group examine social media, digital tools, and teaching with technology to explore how such tools can advance student learning and scholarship. Groups are led by Professors Virginal Cortijo, Kristen Bennett, and Scott Cohen.
- Stonehill Domains: During the 2016-2017 academic year the Lab worked with both fall and spring courses on web-based projects. In the spring we will partner with two more sections, offering guidance and support for students working on websites and online digital publications.
- Podcasting: This technology effectively stages an opportunity for students to engage with course material outside the conventional classroom. In addition to recording and minor editing, the lab can help develop a template for students to design their group’s discussion and a rubric for you to assess their work.
- CID Lab-N-Lunch event: CID partners offered round table conversations for faculty on topics ranging from Podcasting to eLearn to Fighting Fake News.
- Library curriculum design: The Library has been working to create a redesigned Information Skills Curriculum that will officially launch for the Fall 2017 semester.