Using Streaming Media
The MacPhaidin Library is beginning a pilot project incorporating more streaming library resources into the classroom. These pages will have some of the resources we have purchased and identified for your use. These pages will be continually changing in response to curricular needs. If you do not see what you want on the pages, please let us know, we are happy to look into additional materials.
There are several things to keep in mind when using streaming media:
- The equipment in the classroom may not work like your equipment at home. It is best to test out the equipment in the classroom before the class starts to make sure it works properly for your needs.
- Some videos may not load in one browser, but may load in another.
- Because the videos are streaming over the internet, there may be brief moments where the stream stops. This is to be expected.
- Streaming should not be attempted on laptops for classroom use. It is likely they will not work as well.
- Contact the library if you have any difficulties.
You can reach the reference librarians by texting us a message, phone, email or in person.
Text us at 508.709.0223
Call us at 508.565.1103 or 508.565.1203
Use LibAnswers to submit a question
Stop by the Reference Desk during the hours listed below
Monday through Thursday
9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
10:00 AM to 10:00 PM