This guide was created to provide you with easy access to scholarly and popular resources for cinema studies. Click on the tabs on the top of the page and you'll be directed to a host of different resources. To make your search for information easier, these resources have been grouped into the following categories.
- Research Databases - This tab features an annotated list of the library's databses. These library databases offer access to a variety of trade and scholarly publications dealing with cinema studies and provide full text access to many relevant journals including; Cinema Journal, Film Criticism, Film Quarterly and Film Journal International.
- Links for Moviegoers - This page is a portal to a host of popular film sites. Topics covered on these sites include informtaion about filmmakers, production notes, plot summaries, reviews and more.
- Analytical Approaches to Film - Click on this tab and you'll be provided with a list of a half-dozen respected sites that take an academic/analytical approach to cinema studies.
- Film Industry News - Here you will find a list of sites that provide trade news.
- Popular Culture - Visit this page to visit some of our favorite pop culture links.
On the right hand column, you'll find current content from two useful sources - Variety and Metacritic. These RSS feeds are updated daily.
If Stonehill does not own the book, book chapter, or article you need, you can order it through our Interlibrary Loan Department. Please visit the Interlibrary Loan page on the library website to order materials or sign up for an account. Need help with a request or your Interlibrary Loan account? Contact email@example.com. Due to the possibility of mail delays, please order your items as soon as possible.