Key Outcomes for Modern Languages:
COMMUNICATION: Communicate in Languages Other than English
- Students engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions.
- Students understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics.
- Students present information, concepts, and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers on a variety of topics.
CULTURES: Gain Knowledge and Understanding of Other Cultures
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the practices and perspectives of the culture studies.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the products and perspectives of the culture studied.
CONNECTIONS: Connect with Other Disciplines and Acquire Information
- Students reinforce and further their knowledge of other disciplines through the foreign language.
- Students acquire information and recognize the distinctive viewpoints that are only available through the foreign language and its cultures.
COMPARISONS: Develop Insight into the Nature of Language and Culture
- Students demonstrate understanding of the nature of language through comparisons of the language studied and their own.
- Students demonstrate understanding of the concept of culture through comparisons of the cultures studied and their own.
COMMUNITIES: Participate in Multilingual Communities at Home and Around the World
- Students use the language both within and beyond the school setting.
- Students show evidence of becoming life-long learners by using the language for personal enjoyment and enrichment.