Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Cornerstone Program Learning Outcomes: Statistical Reasoning
- Understand that variability is natural and also predictable and quantifiable.
- Recognize common sources of bias in surveys and experiments.
- Determine when a cause and effect inference can be drawn from an association, based on how the data were collected.
- Understand how to interpret statistical results in context and how to critique news stories and journal articles that include statistical information/information literacy.
- Understand the basic ideas of statistical inference and how to make appropriate use of statistical inference.
- Know how to obtain, generate, analyze, interpret, summarize, and communicate data/statistical results using the appropriate manual and software tools.