Skip to Main Content
Cornerstone Program Learning Outcomes: Statistical Reasoning
- Understand that variability is natural and also predictable and quantifiable.
- Recognize common sources of bias in surveys and experiments.
- Determine when a cause and effect inference can be drawn from an association, based on how the data were collected.
- Understand how to interpret statistical results in context and how to critique news stories and journal articles that include statistical information/information literacy.
- Understand the basic ideas of statistical inference and how to make appropriate use of statistical inference.
- Know how to obtain, generate, analyze, interpret, summarize, and communicate data/statistical results using the appropriate manual and software tools.